- Voting History
- Useful Links
2019 Senior Fair
On August 2, 2019
On Thursday, Sept. 5, I will be hosting a FREE Senior Fair at the Dormont Recreation Center, located at 1801 Dormont Avenue. The Senior Fair will run from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
New this year, attendees will have the chance to learn about Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program!
Do you suffer from chronic pain, cancer, anxiety disorders, or one of the other 23 qualifying medical conditions? Do you have questions about medical marijuana or need help obtaining your Pennsylvania medical marijuana card? Join Dr. John Metcalf and pharmacists from Maitri Medicinals at my Senior Fair for on-site medical marijuana card certifications and education. Contact 1-833-667-4665 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you come prepared to the event with the necessary medical information.
American Healthcare Group will once again be on hand to provide flu shots for attendees. There is no charge for the flu shots to anyone with a Medicare Part B card. Please bring your card with you.
At the Sept. 5 Senior Fair, attendees can also:
- Drop off unwanted medications as part of Sheriff Mullen’s Project D.U.M.P.
- Have your photo taken to receive a new, updated Senior ConnectCard that will allow you to ride Port Authority buses and light rail for free
- Visit with a pharmacist from Duquesne University’s School of Pharmacy to ask about medications
- Get blood pressure checked
- Receive important information from participating organizations on services and resources available to seniors
Anyone with questions can contact my district office at 412-344-2551. If you need a flu shot, want to learn more about medical marijuana, have unwanted medications you need to dispose of, or want to receive important information from some of our region’s finest organizations and senior advocates, I hope you’ll consider attending this free event.